IN THE CIRCUIT COURT, SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR PASCO AND PINELLAS COUNTIES, FLORIDA
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2010-076 PA/PI-CIR
RE: VEHICLE IMMOBILIZATION
In order to comply with section 316.193(6)(d), Florida Statutes, and
In order to ensure that immobilization entities operating in the Sixth Judicial Circuit are in compliance with sections 316.193(6)(d) and 316.193(13), Florida Statutes, and all other statutory requirements, and
In accordance with Article V, section 2(d), Florida Constitution, Rule of Judicial Administration 2.215, and section 43.26, Florida Statutes,
IT IS ORDERED:
1. Any agency that requests to provide immobilization of vehicle services within the Sixth Judicial Circuit and that qualifies under the requirements of Florida Statute 316.193(6)(d) as amended September 1, 2010, must submit a completed and notarized Affidavit and Request for Listing of Business as a Provider of Court Ordered Vehicle Immobilization Services in the Sixth Judicial Circuit (“Affidavit,” See Attachment A) to the Clerk of Circuit Court (“Clerk”) in the county in which it wishes to provide immobilization services. An agency wishing to provide services in both counties must submit a separate Affidavit to the Clerk in each county.
2. The Clerk will compile and maintain a list of names and telephone numbers of all immobilization agencies that have filed an approved Affidavit. The list will be made available by posting in the public access areas of the courthouses and by posting on the Clerks’ websites. The Clerk will provide a paper copy of the list upon request.
3. The Clerk will amend immobilization orders to include instructions on how to access an immobilization agency list under paragraph 2.
4. Each listed agency must notify the Clerk in writing of any change to the agency involving matters contained in the Affidavit within ten days of becoming aware of the change.
5. All previously submitted affidavits pending on the date of this administrative order must be resubmitted to the Clerk on the approved form in order for an agency to be placed on the immobilization list.
6. Agencies must be in compliance with the statutory provisions that took effect on September 1, 2010 in order to be eligible for inclusion on the immobilization list maintained by the Clerk.
DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Clearwater, Pinellas County, Florida, this _____ day of November 2010.
ORIGINAL SIGNED November 9, 2010
BY J. THOMAS MCGRADY, CHIEF JUDGE
cc: All Judges
The Honorable Bernie McCabe, State Attorney
The Honorable Bob Dillinger, Public Defender
The Honorable Paula S. O’Neil, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Pasco County
The Honorable Ken Burke, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Pinellas County
The Honorable Bob White, Sheriff, Pasco County
The Honorable Jim Coats, Sheriff, Pinellas County
John Hendry, Regional Counsel
Gay Inskeep, Trial Courts Administrator
Suzanne M. Mucklow, Executive Director, Pinellas County Clerk’s Office
Lillian Simon, Acting Director of Administrative Services for Pasco County
Bar Associations, Pasco and Pinellas Counties
Law Libraries, Pasco and Pinellas Counties