1) DEPOSITION DISPUTES:
Immediate telephone hearing with judge, if available or scheduled hearing is acceptable.
2) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR:
Yes, interested; however in County Court there does not seem to be a need for it.
3) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR PREFERENCE:
- MUST be set forth in the notice of hearing.
- An attorney may attend in person.
- Evidentiary matters WILL be considered.
- The party filing the notice shall be responsible for getting each participant on the line BEFORE calling the judge.
Can forward to the court and copy opposing counsel for any
objections within 5 days.
6) DISCOVERY CUT-OFF:
7) PRETRIAL STATEMENTS:
Utilize pre-trial statement form.
8) MOTIONS IN LIMINE:
To be heard morning of trial.
9) TRIAL SCHEDULING:
- Yes, WILL protect counsel until given date.
- Yes, allow 2 trials in one week.
10) VOIR DIRE FORMAT:
- Entire panel is questioned in the gallery.
11) VOIR DIRE:-
Judge Fullerton may initiate voir dire questions to be followed by counsel.
12) PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES:
- Generally 3 per party with total of Plaintiff to match total of defense.
13) RESPONSE FROM COUNSEL WHEN BAILIFF BRINGS JURY IN:
- Counsel to remain seated.
14) COURTROOM TRIALS--REQUEST PERMISSION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- To approach the bench.
15) ATTORNEY FEES:
- All issues regarding attorney's fees shall be left for subsequent hearing unless counsel wishes to present issue at trial.
- Fee affidavits are sufficient in lieu of expert testimony if other party is not objecting to award and amount of fees.
16) MARKING EVIDENCE TO BE USED AT TRIAL:
- Prefers that ALL evidence be copied and exchanged 10 days prior to trial.
- Prefers that ALL evidence be marked with the clerk in advance of its intended use.
SHOWING TANGIBLE EVIDENCE TO THE COURT:
After showing it to opposing counsel, the attorney may then show the exhibit to the witness without showing the Judge first.
NOT a requirement.
18) COURTROOM DEMEANOR COMMENTS:
19) OTHER PRACTICE AND PROCEDURES POINTERS: