1) DEPOSITION DISPUTES:
2) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR:
3) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR PREFERENCE:
- MUST be set forth in the notice of hearing.
- An attorney may attend in person.
- Evidentiary matters WILL be considered.
- The party filing the notice shall be responsible for getting each participant on line BEFORE calling Judge.
- Does NOT allow telephonic hearings of small claims pre-trials.
5) PROPOSED ORDERS:
Can forward to the court and copy opposing counsel for any objections within 5-7 days.
6) DISCOVERY CUT-OFF:
Case by case basis.
7) PRETRIAL STATEMENTS:
No particular form required, so long as statement of facts, intended evidence and expected witnesses are listed.
8) MOTIONS IN LIMINE:
To be scheduled as a separate hearing.
9) TRIAL SCHEDULING:
- Yes, WILL protect counsel until given date.
- Yes, allow 2 trials in one week.
10) VOIR DIRE FORMAT:
Entire panel questioned in the gallery.
11) VOIR DIRE:
Judge Sestak may initiate voir dire questions to be followed by counsel.
12) PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES:-
Generally 3 per party with total of Plaintiff to match total of Defense.
13) RESPONSE FROM COUNSEL WHEN BAILIFF BRINGS JURY IN:
14) COURTROOM TRIALS--REQUEST
PERMISSION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
To approach the bench.
15) ATTORNEY FEES:
All issues regarding attorney's fees shall be left for subsequent hearing.
Fee affidavits are sufficient in lieu of expert testimony IF parties agree.
16) MARKING EVIDENCE TO BE USED AT TRIAL:
Prefers ALL evidence to be copied and exchanged 10 days prior to trial.
- SHOWING TANGIBLE EVIDENCE TO THE COURT:
If Judge Sestak requests exhibit, counsel may hand it over directly.
After showing opposing counsel, attorney may show exhibit to witness without showing Judge first.
ALWAYS required before trial.
18) COURTROOM DEMEANOR COMMENTS:
19) OTHER PRACTICE AND PROCEDURES POINTERS: