1) DEPOSITION DISPUTES:
Schedule hearings to resolve disputes.
2) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR:
3) UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR PREFERENCE:
4) TELEPHONIC HEARINGS:
- An attorney may attend in person.
- Evidentiary matters will NOT be considered except as permitted by Small Claims Rules.
- The party filing notice shall be responsible for getting each participant on the line BEFORE calling the Judge.
5) PROPOSED ORDERS:
Can forward to the court and copy opposing counsel for any objections within 5 days.
6) DISCOVERY CUT-OFF:
At pre-trial OR by stipulation of the parties.
7) PRETRIAL STATEMENTS:
No particular form required, so long as statement of facts, intended evidence and expected witnesses are listed.
8) MOTIONS IN LIMINE:
To be scheduled as a separate hearing.
9) TRIAL SCHEDULING:
Civil jury trials are scheduled along with criminal jury trials due to lack of courtroom space and the very small number of civil jury trials. Until Judge Salton has more civil jury trials and the additional courtrooms in New Port Richey are completed, separate civil jury trial weeks are not justified.
10) VOIR DIRE FORMAT:
Judge places 6 in the box or as many as the box will hold.
11) VOIR DIRE:
May initiate voir dire questions to be followed by counsel.
12) PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES:
3 for all plaintiffs and 3 for all defendants.
13) RESPONSE FROM COUNSEL WHEN BAILIFF BRINGS JURY IN:
Counsel to remain seated.
14) COURTROOM TRIALS--REQUEST PERMISSION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
To approach the bench.
15) ATTORNEY FEES:-
All issues regarding attorney's fees shall be left for subsequent hearing.
16) MARKING EVIDENCE TO BE USED AT TRIAL:
Prefers that ALL evidence be marked with the clerk in advance of its intended use.
SHOWING TANGIBLE EVIDENCE TO THE COURT:
After showing opposing counsel, attorney may show exhibit to witness without showing Judge first.
Frequently required before a jury trial.
18) COURTROOM DEMEANOR COMMENTS:
19) OTHER PRACTICE AND PROCEDURES POINTERS:
Attorneys are requested to state their legal grounds when making objections. If Judge feels argument on the objection is necessary, Judge will allow a bench conference.