IN THE CIRCUIT COURT, SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR PASCO AND PINELLAS COUNTIES, FLORIDA
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2011-009 PI-CIR
RE: APPOINTMENT OF PINELLAS COUNTY LAW LIBRARY BOARD MEMBERS
Section 78-3 of the Pinellas County Code (Code) grants the Chief Judge the authority to appoint trustees for law libraries within Pinellas County. Further, under section 78-5 of the Code, the Chief Judge has the authority to provide for the expenditure of funds budgeted by the Board of County Commissioners for the establishment and maintenance of law libraries.
Pursuant to these Code authorizations, Administrative Order No. PI-CIR-00-29 established the Pinellas County Law Library Board. In 2008, the Chief Judge appointed eight trustees to the Board for a term beginning January 1, 2009, which was ratified by Administrative Order 2010-003. The Board is now being reconstituted in order to give other members of the legal community an opportunity to serve. Therefore,
Pursuant to Article V, section 2, Florida Constitution, Rule of Judicial Administration 2.215, and section 43.26, Florida Statutes,
IT IS ORDERED:
1. Effective March 1, 2011, the following persons are hereby appointed to serve as members of the Board of Trustees of the Pinellas County Law Library Board:
The Honorable George M. Jirotka, Circuit Judge
William H. Bartlett, Esq.
Jennifer L. Codding, Esq.
David S. Delrahim, Esq.
Jennifer A. Ficarrotta, Esq.
Brent A. Gordon, Esq.
Suzanne M. Mucklow, Esq.
James Royal, Esq.
Jennifer S. Schellenberg, Esq.
Rebecca S. Trammell, Law Library Director, Stetson College of Law
John A. Yanchunis, Esq.
2. The Honorable George M. Jirotka is designated as Chair of the Board.
3. The duties of the Board shall be to advise the Chief Judge with regard to strategic planning, acquisitions, fiscal needs, and any other issues related to the law library designated by the Chief Judge.
4. Each Board of Trustee member shall perform his or her duties in accordance with state and local laws and applicable administrative orders of the Chief Judge.
5. When a vacancy occurs, the Chief Judge may at any time replace a member of the Board without further amendment to this Order.
Administrative Order 2010-003 PI-CIR is hereby rescinded.
DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Clearwater, Pinellas County, Florida, this _____ day of March, 2011.
ORIGINAL SIGNED March 1, 2011
BY J. THOMAS MCGRADY, CHIEF JUDGE
cc: All Pinellas Judges
The Honorable Bernie McCabe, State Attorney
The Honorable Bob Dillinger, Public Defender
The Honorable Ken Burke, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Pinellas County
John Hendry, Regional Counsel
Gay Inskeep, Trial Courts Administrator
Myriam Irizarry, Chief Deputy Director, Pinellas County Clerk’s Office
Each Board of Trustees Member
Bar Associations, Pasco and Pinellas Counties
Law Libraries, Pasco and Pinellas Counties