IN THE CIRCUIT COURT, SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2004-022 PI-CIR
RE: EXPEDITED JUDICIAL INTERVENTION FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT
In order to provide for the assignment of petitions filed pursuant to Florida Probate Rule 5.900, it is:
1. The Clerk of Court shall assign all petitions filed pursuant to Florida Probate Rule 5.900, Expedited Judicial Intervention Concerning Medical Treatment Procedures, to a probate division in accordance with Administrative Order PI-CIR-97-57. The Clerk of Court shall immediately forward any petition filed pursuant to Florida Probate Rule 5.900 to the Probate and Guardianship Division of the Administrative Office of the Courts. The petition shall be forwarded by facsimile, e-mail, or immediate hand delivery.
2. The Probate and Guardianship Division of the Administrative Office of the Court shall schedule an emergency hearing and prepare an order for the appointment of an attorney to represent the person for whom medical treatment is sought. The emergency hearing shall be scheduled before the probate section judge or if the assigned judge is unavailable before the duty judge.
3. The Clerk of Court shall immediately transmit the petition, notice of hearing, and other documents required to be served on the patient to the Sheriff for service of process.
4. The Sheriff shall immediately make reasonable efforts to effect service of process prior to the scheduled hearing.
5. Attorneys and petitioners seeking an order from the court pursuant to Probate Rule 5.900 may direct any questions regarding the procedure in a particular case to the Probate and Guardianship Division of the Administrative Office of the Courts.
DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at
David A. Demers, Chief Judge
cc: All Pinellas Judges
The Honorable Bernie McCabe, State Attorney
The Honorable Bob Dillinger, Public Defender
The Honorable Karleen F.
DeBlaker, Clerk of Court,
Gay Inskeep, Trial Courts Administrator
Carol Heath, Director, Court Services Division, Pinellas County Clerk’s Office
Bar Associations, Pinellas
Law Libraries, Pinellas