Pinellas County Law Library
Law Libraries were established in Clearwater and St. Petersburg in about 1950 and at the Pinellas Pinellas County Justice Center in 1982. In 1996, through an Interlocal Agreement by Pinellas County and the Sixth Judicial Circuit, the three Law Libraries came under the administration of the Chief Judge of the Sixth Judicial Circuit with funds budgeted by the Pinellas Board of County Commissioners. In 2007, an economic downturn reduced funding, making it necessary to close the Law Library in the Pinellas County Justice Center in August of that year. Additional funding constraints were alleviated with the closing of the St. Petersburg location in June of 2008.
The Pinellas County Law Library is now located in the Old Historic Courthouse in downtown Clearwater.
By an administrative order, the Libraries are advised by a Library Board of Trustees whose members are appointed by the Chief Judge and represent the Judiciary in Pinellas County, Pinellas County Clerk, the Clearwater Bar Association, the St. Petersburg Bar Associations, and Stetson Law School. The current Library Board of Trustee members are:
- William H. Bartlett
- Jennifer L. Codding
- David S. Delrahim
- Jennifer A. Ficarrotta
- Brent A. Gordon
- Hon. George M. Jirotka - Chair
- Derelynn Revie
- James E. Royal
- Robyn Rusignuolo
- Rebecca S. Trammell
- Jennifer S. Schellenberg Yager